Vannin' Home
Posted By: TheBrambler Vannin' Documentary film - July 21st 2011 4:49 pm
Hey All,
I'm pretty new to vanning and the forums here on vanning.com. However, I'm a filmmaker by trade and am playing with the idea of making a short "fly on the wall" style documentary about the Van National's next year up in WI. I imagine it could be a really great little film that could show the current generation of vanner's doing what they do while mixing in some of the history of vannin. I'd love to incorprate the customization craze of the 70's, the story of the original 2%r's (MVL club) and take it right into the idea of old and new generations coming together at the Van Nats. I imagine a good mix of old footage with interviews, etc (if you can imagine it) Just wanted to get some feedback and see if anyone would be interested in seeing this project happen. (?) Making a film is a time consuming process, so I thought I'd start here. I'd love to talk to anyone intersted in being interviewed at next year's Nationals.. especially anyone that was involved in the MVLs back in the 70's or someone that could speak to what is what like to be a Vanner in it's hey-day. Also, does anyone have a contact for someone heading up the Nats next year? I've got a lot of ideas for the film and am falling in love with Vannin' and Van culture these days. Thanks in advance for any feedback!
Posted By: newkirkinc1 Re: Vannin' Documentary film - July 21st 2011 5:03 pm
I'm sure you will get all the help ya need here.Howard Furtack from MVL is on here.
Posted By: TheBrambler Re: Vannin' Documentary film - July 21st 2011 5:49 pm
Thanks Jim! I'll be on the lookout for him.
Posted By: Galaxy Re: Vannin' Documentary film - July 21st 2011 6:29 pm
I think this is a great idea! I'll look forward to seeing what you come up with.
There is a link for the National Truck-In Board on the top left.
Posted By: XTReME_LiMiTzZ Re: Vannin' Documentary film - July 21st 2011 9:27 pm
this is an awesome idea! im open to it since im a younger vanner lookin to keep it going into the days of when my son will be driving many many yeard from now..=)
Posted By: Star Dreamer Re: Vannin' Documentary film - July 21st 2011 9:54 pm
Howard's Id on here is "On the road" and he stills live in the Chicago area.

The group heading up next years nats is called "Dairyland Vanners", check the posting under the National Events and I sure there is some contact info there, otherwise "Lil_Ed" and "Taz Van 67" are two of the many people involved that are also on vanning.com.

We have been vannin for over 30 years and our son has been involved with us doing shows in recent years. We should be available for interviews at next years Nats as long as work doesn't send us some other direction before then.

Posted By: Lee7673 Re: Vannin' Documentary film - July 21st 2011 10:17 pm
Sounds like a great idea and many people on here have been vannin' for 30+ years so he should be able to get a lot of info, old photos, etc. Can't wait to see the finished product!
Posted By: piscespokerbrat Re: Vannin' Documentary film - July 22nd 2011 12:41 am
I like the idea.. I am already planning on being at the NATS next year. I don't think my rig will be done by then, but it will be a driver! I happily volunteer being interviewed laugh
Posted By: watching_tv Re: Vannin' Documentary film - July 22nd 2011 4:27 am
do it up! id love to see how it all turns out
Posted By: TheBrambler Re: Vannin' Documentary film - July 22nd 2011 7:37 pm
Awesome! Thanks for the responses guys. I look forward to using this forum to express some more ideas and get in touch with people as the time draws more near. It's going to be a long process, but I'm hoping to see this happen... I have my owns views on what vannin' is to me and it will be fascinating to see what it means to other people and to see the community together. Thanks again.
Posted By: Virtual Re: Vannin' Documentary film - July 22nd 2011 8:32 pm
Getting together with Howard as soon as you can is definitely your best bet.
We have had other people interested in doing documentaries,some have everything done but never finished years later and some never got out of the blocks.

Once we get the 2 thumbs up from Howard you will be deluged with info and offers of help.
Posted By: Superbeast Re: Vannin' Documentary film - July 26th 2011 5:29 pm
I give it my two thumbs up. I'll even volunteer for an interview. Been vanning since 86, but I have some views too!
Posted By: TheBrambler Re: Vannin' Documentary film - July 26th 2011 7:37 pm
This is great! I'm loving the positive response for the idea. I really want to tell the story of vanning through candid interviews... i.e. I myself don't want to be in the film... trying to stay far away from having narration and a "host" type person guide viewers through the story... that way the story of vannin' will be presented as is for better or worse. I want it to have an air of "coolness" to it I suppose (for lack of a better term). I don't want it to feel like a Discovery Channel / Travel Channel thing (not your daddy's documentary smile and I think getting honest interviews and reactions will go a long way in creating the style I'm going for. So a BIG THANKS to those that are already volunteering their voices. I'm going to do my best to keep using this forum as the ideas develop. Thanks again everybody. I'm open to ideas as well! Let me know what vannin' means to you! Bramble on.
Posted By: TheBrambler Re: Vannin' Documentary film - March 26th 2012 6:51 pm
OK, trying to get this topic back up in the forums. Still planning on making this documentary! Is there anyone on the Chicago area (or not far off from it) that would be interested in talking on camera? We're looking for vanners who have been in the scene for a while now and can speak to the history of vannin, why they got into it, etc, etc. In other recent news, I received an "OK" from Ed Gray of the Dairyland Vanners to film at this years Nats! One step closer... however, he did express a collective concern regarding past filmmakers not following through... I can't make promises but can tell you that myself and my business partner are VERY interested in seeing this project come to fruition. Vannin' is a supremely interesting sub-culture that is virtually unknown to those outside of the fold... that alone is interesting material for a doc. Any help, advice, opinions are appreciated! Sound off here or send me a PM!

Check out our work and read about who we are at: www.littlecabinfilms.com.

Bramble On!

-Andrew
Posted By: Virtual Re: Vannin' Documentary film - March 26th 2012 7:05 pm
Have you managed to get in touch with Midwest Vans Ltd yet ? If you can get them to buy into your idea then you are half way there. Their club goes back to the very early days of vanning with a good number of original members. You could do a whole film just on Midwest alone.
Posted By: Doc 2% of Canada, EH!!!! Re: Vannin' Documentary film - March 26th 2012 7:10 pm
Originally Posted by Superbeast
I give it my two thumbs up. I'll even volunteer for an interview. Been vanning since 86, but I have some views too!

Sure, and after 3 or 4 JD's you will have to hear them !!! lol
Posted By: TheBrambler Re: Vannin' Documentary film - March 26th 2012 7:34 pm
Lol. Sounds like just the type of interview I might be interested in capturing. Honest and candid! smile hahaha. No, but really...
Posted By: TheBrambler Re: Vannin' Documentary film - March 26th 2012 7:35 pm
Also, I reached out to Howard from Midwest Vans Ltd! Thanks!
Posted By: Wizard78 Re: Vannin' Documentary film - March 26th 2012 7:43 pm
Sounds Great
Posted By: Mutt Re: Vannin' Documentary film - March 26th 2012 8:07 pm
I hope that you can pull it off, I'd like to see it!
Posted By: mrmattvan Re: Vannin' Documentary film - March 27th 2012 4:30 am
I really hope your doc gets made! It sounds like you have an awesome plan for it. I would love to see some of the guys who have been around for a while enlighten the younger guys (like myself) about what it was like back when it first became popular. I think vannin is long over due for a documentary portraying us how we really are and not how some people like to view us.
Posted By: TheBrambler Re: Vannin' Documentary film - March 27th 2012 3:23 pm
That's the goal! I've only been into vannin' for about a year, so I'm hoping to bring an objective standpoint to the whole film... kind of a "what the camera sees, the camera sees" kind of thing. Although I consider myself a vanner, I haven't been doing it long enough to influence the film one way or the other.
Posted By: GOOFY Re: Vannin' Documentary film - March 29th 2012 4:00 pm
Hey Brambler LOVE THE IDEA!!!! only wish I could be at the Nats this year but alas work is in the way of that this time cry Id be up for an interview Ive been doing the scene about 20 years now so Im not so old and not so new kinda middle of the road crazy I already have your follow up movie idea though I know number 1 has to made first and look forward to it.

A Year On The Road? Go to as many van runs as you can besides the Nats and interview people there, just a thought. cheers

Good Luck and keep us all posted
Posted By: TheBrambler Re: Vannin' Documentary film - March 30th 2012 3:15 pm
Not a bad idea there GOOFY! If you're ever truckin' through Chicago, send me a PM and I'd love to get an interview. Also, if you're Van Nats plans change, let me know and we can set something up in the fair grounds.

And that goes for anybody reading this... if you would like to participate in an interview at this years Van Nats, sound off here, send me a PM, all that good stuff... I'd love to get a few things set up ahead of time. But, I think a lot of the style and interesting moments may come from spontenaity (sp?) as well...
Posted By: Wizard78 Re: Vannin' Documentary film - March 30th 2012 4:12 pm
Sounds Great,Only wish I could make this years Nats frown
Posted By: Lil_Ed Re: Vannin' Documentary film - March 30th 2012 4:30 pm
Originally Posted by Wizard78
Sounds Great,Only wish I could make this years Nats frown

Great the only year I might be able to take first in my class, I cant compete.
Posted By: Wizard78 Re: Vannin' Documentary film - March 30th 2012 4:38 pm
lol I wish I could be there,It's going to be very hard missing the Nats.
Posted By: TheBrambler Re: Vannin' Documentary film - March 30th 2012 4:56 pm
Yeah, I really lucked out with it being so close to Chicago! Only an hour and a half drive... can't beat that.
Posted By: Wizard78 Re: Vannin' Documentary film - March 30th 2012 7:22 pm
Oh yea if I was that close I would be there for sure,but I'll catch up with you somewhere
Posted By: smitty Re: Vannin' Documentary film - March 30th 2012 7:31 pm
lol I wish I could be there,It's going to be very hard missing the Nats.

Sorry to hear your not making the Nats Rickie was looking forward to seeing you two!!
Posted By: Wizard78 Re: Vannin' Documentary film - March 30th 2012 8:00 pm
I know buddy,To many bills
Posted By: smitty Re: Vannin' Documentary film - March 30th 2012 8:40 pm
Know where your coming from buddy
Posted By: River_Rat Re: Vannin' Documentary film - March 30th 2012 10:24 pm
Ill be headin up there this year as a first time vanner. Dont know if thatll help but will be headin up there from florida. First time vanner with an old school style.
Posted By: TheBrambler Re: Vannin' Documentary film - April 01st 2012 4:48 pm
We should try to meet up at the Nats Riverrat. Do an interview, talk about you're journey and what got you into vanning...
Posted By: zank Re: Vannin' Documentary film - May 01st 2012 5:59 am
I have an old video that the TNT vanners recorded over several years that you may use. It has everything from b.s. with people to camera pans of show & shine, some of the quality is not so great but it has already been transferred to a digital copy. One of the highlights is of Rollin` Thunder getting stuck on some cars at an `80s van-in.
Posted By: TheBrambler Re: Vannin' Documentary film - May 11th 2012 4:28 pm
Hey Zank, Thanks for the offer! I might take you up on that. A bit of an update on this: we're still planning on making this short documentary and planning is in the works. We've met with Howard of the MVL and had a great chat with him and are looking forward to the Nats. In the meantime, we're trying to get to the Midwest Truck-In in a few weeks to get our feet wet and possibly get some interviews in the bag. However, the Nats are still going to be our bread and butter.
Posted By: Lil_Ed Re: Vannin' Documentary film - May 11th 2012 4:44 pm
I will also be at Midwest so we can talk a little then about the Nats.
Posted By: TheBrambler Re: Vannin' Documentary film - May 14th 2012 9:24 pm
Sounds good Ed! I'd love to meet you and pick your brain if you've got the time. Looking forward to my first truck-in. If all goes as planned, we'll be coming in early Saturday morning... as long as the shop gets the new water pump in my van!
Posted By: on the road Re: Vannin' Documentary film - May 14th 2012 11:31 pm
I met with these guys last week. They seem to have the right attitude about vanning. We sat at a bar for 4 hours deinkin' 3 dollar pints and talking. Andrew's partner Nick started taking notes and gave up about 3 beers in! The key, to me, is the fact that they come at this as vanners, knowing about all the false starts that have happened in the last few years with documentary projects, and they want nothing from us other than some time. No borrowing and wrecking vans, no 8mm movies never to be seen again. they want to pay their own way and be vanners with cameras, not journalists with hotel rooms.

As I told them, and you guys are well aware, as the old vanners die or lose interest, so do the stories, and it would be nice to save some of those stories...

So, on that note, let's give them a shot (or two) and see what happens. One thumb for now, and we'll see how things go at Midwest!
Posted By: Wizard78 Re: Vannin' Documentary film - May 15th 2012 12:55 am
Sounds Great
Posted By: TheBrambler Re: Vannin' Documentary film - May 16th 2012 7:26 pm
We'll be at the midwest truck in from Saturday afternoon to Suday evening if anyone is going and interested in chatting on camera or off. PM me or just talk to me there. Looking forward to the truck in.
Posted By: MrVanInc Re: Vannin' Documentary film - May 19th 2012 4:15 am
My father would be a good person to interview as well, having been in the game at the beginning. He has lots of info having been at lots of the truck-ins and having the van conversion company. If interested send me an email.

Ken Zuchel Jr.
Posted By: TheBrambler Re: Vannin' Documentary film - May 19th 2012 2:36 pm
Originally Posted by MrVanInc
My father would be a good person to interview as well, having been in the game at the beginning. He has lots of info having been at lots of the truck-ins and having the van conversion company. If interested send me an email.

Ken Zuchel Jr.

Will you guys be at the Midwest Truck-In next weekend?
Posted By: MrVanInc Re: Vannin' Documentary film - May 19th 2012 5:24 pm
We will not be there unfortunately but its should be fun. I dont know if you have seen this but you should find it interesting. It is a video of the 4th Truck-In at Bolling Green and is the only footage I've found of my fathers van on the dragstip. There are 3 Parts, I'm trying to get a copy of this myself.
My father said he would more than happy to talk to you, we all live in Palatine so we're close.
http://youtu.be/6tAVMdoKUcM
http://youtu.be/oJwQREXQ6F8
http://youtu.be/Tyj52HF60so
Posted By: on the road Re: Vannin' Documentary film - May 21st 2012 11:24 pm
Hi Ken Jr. Bob told me you were on here. You and your dad should come to the 40th National Truck In in July. It would be great to see you guys, and great to show you how things have changed, and how they have stayed the same, too. The event is at the Walworth County Fairgrounds in Elkhorn, Wisconsin. Contact Lil Ed on here and maybe we can work out a day pass or something!
Posted By: on the road Re: Vannin' Documentary film - May 22nd 2012 12:14 pm
We did a quick intro for these guys that will be given to all who arrive...Let's see where this goes...

WHO ARE THE GUYS WITH THE CAMERAS?
We are happy to welcome filmmakers, Andrew and Nick from Little Cabin Films, a production company in Chicago, to our event. They will be arriving on Saturday. They come to our event in their vans and are trying to capture the true story of vannin. They own vans and found out about our sport and passion through the internet and vanning.com. They met with Howard Furtak recently and wanted to come to our event with their vans and also have an opportunity to meet and interview vanners. They respect our privacy and will not film or publish anything without your permission. They will be filming our awards and memorial presentation and other group activities. If you don’t want to be interviewed then just politely let them know.
They are interested in learning more about who we are? What brought us to vanning and what keeps us vanning? They are also interested in learning more about the history of vanning and why we do what we do and why we are so passionate about it? This is about learning more about us, vanners, as people and our clubs. If you get a chance to meet them and want to spend time sharing your story, then invite them in and show them vanner hospitality! Let’s help them document our history and our future. They are arriving as van owners and we hope they leave here as vanners! They will also be attending the 40th Van Nationals this year as they carry out their mission of documenting the history of vanning. We hope they leave here looking forward to seeing their “friends” at the Nats!
Posted By: MrVanInc Re: Vannin' Documentary film - May 22nd 2012 10:17 pm
Thanks Howard, My father Ken Sr. won't be able to make it since he will be recooperating from knee replacement surgery but he did say to tell you hello. From some of my Father's stories I hope they have changed (Bolling Green riot) and stayed the same (streaking, j/k). In the 90's, I was in a truck club with a kustomized Tahoe. I went to the "Indy Truck Bash" and was reminded of the old truck-in's (more like a truck-in lite). My father and I are planning to build a tribute to the Hemi-van and bring the old days back for a new generation.
Posted By: vanmachineman Re: Vannin' Documentary film - May 22nd 2012 10:28 pm
Way to Go Howard..I Like It.. More More more..
Posted By: MrVanInc Re: Vannin' Documentary film - May 23rd 2012 8:04 pm
I can make it to the show, I don't have anything to show but I would like to check it out. I'll see how my Father's sugery goes and try to drag him there too. Might need a golf cart to drag his old bones around though. Its kinda funny that after Mr. Van closed, my father got involved in selling RV's. He used to put on the Lake County RV show at Lake County Fairgrounds. It was kind of like a Truck-In for Senior Citizens!
Posted By: on the road Re: Vannin' Documentary film - May 29th 2012 12:23 am
Well, the boys made it out to Midwest. I think they had a good time, will be looking for their comments on here. we already have a funny story to share...They arrived during the show and shine, which we hold in a front field, right along the road. We spotted them driving by and realized they had missed the entrance to the campground, so I yelled at them, and they hung a right. Right through the drainage ditch and into the show field! The doors fly open and out pile 5 guys and a chick (Andrew's wife...quiet over there!) followed by assorted lawn chairs and beer. I slapped a show card on the van and they won Classic Van. Nice entrance guys...hope you had as much fun being there as we did having you there! Word of advice...when you get to the Nats, use the gate!
Posted By: Wizard78 Re: Vannin' Documentary film - May 29th 2012 12:34 am
WOW! That is a funny story
Posted By: TheBrambler Re: Vannin' Documentary film - May 29th 2012 3:13 pm
Hey all. We had a fantastic time at the MVL 38th! All of us couldn't get over how welcoming everyone was. We had a chance to meet some folks and chat with them about everything from vannin and our documentary to life in general. We got to see what it's all about and are really stoked to head up to the Nats in a month or so and really get to filming. I'd just like to thank Howard on here and all the great clubs that were there for the warm welcome and hospitality! We look forward to seeing you all again. We wanted to talk to everybody, but alas, time was limited. If we didn't get a chance to talk, we'll hopefully meet you up at the Nats. As always, send me a personal message or comment on here if you're interested in putting yourself on camera.

Side note: I think I'll just continue to crash show n' shine's as that seems to be a winning ticket! hehehe. smile Also, who needs to enter through the gates? Just find that shallow drainage ditch!
Posted By: on the road Re: Vannin' Documentary film - May 29th 2012 10:19 pm
Hmmmm...think they fit in?????
Posted By: TheBrambler Re: Vannin' Documentary film - June 15th 2012 12:06 am
Jeezum crow! We're gettin close to the Nats! Just wanted to let everyone know that we're in full swing on pre-production for this film and even have a few nice folks on camera now (thanks to the MVL's openess and hospitality). We're beyond excited to make this little film and really think that there's an audience for it beyond the vannin' community.

What we all do and are into is somewhat of an unknown to many folks out there... and when they see the fun, meet some of the people (via the film of course!) and see the machines, I think people will be infinitely fascinated and endeared to what vannin was and has become. The history is rich, and the vanners are really something of their own species in the automotive world (I say that that as a term of endearement). BUT, that's just the thing... the VAN is only a vessel; one that acts as a catalyst for good people, good times, and hopefully a great film.

We want to show vannin' for what it is. I'm not going to make any assumptions here on this forum as to what "that" is... I think it will present itself through the film if we do our jobs as documentarians the right way. I want to make an honest film that captures all aspects of vannin' and all those that participate. Some party hardy! Some bring their kids! Some even use vannin as a way to connect with family. So, when you see the guys with cameras, don't be shy! Show us who you are, let us know why you got into vannin. Let's show the world how much fun we / you all have with these antiquated automotive beasts of yore. Can't wait to meet some of you guys in person. Thanks for the support so far.

PS: PLEASE let me know if anyone has questions or suggestions. We're new to the vannin' world, but hopefully after all this, we'll no longer be stragers.

-Andrew
andrew@littlecabinfilms.com
www.littlecabinfilms.com
Posted By: Wizard78 Re: Vannin' Documentary film - June 15th 2012 1:13 am
Can't wait to see it,Only wish I could make the Nats this year frown
Posted By: TheBrambler Re: Vannin' Documentary film - July 08th 2012 4:41 pm
Well! Here we go. The next two days are all about packing up! See you guys up there on Weds at 10:00am. We'll be there right in time for the opening ceremonies I'm hoping. We'll be the ones with the cameras. Don't be shy. Hope to talk to some of you folks there. Thanks to anyone who's been following this and showed any interest. Safe travels and, as always, Bramble On!

-Andrew
Posted By: lukester Re: Vannin' Documentary film - July 08th 2012 8:00 pm
Can't wait to see it,Only wish I could make the Nats this year frown

yeah
Posted By: TheBrambler Re: Vannin' Documentary film - July 17th 2012 7:48 pm
Back from the 40th Nats! What an awesome time. Met so many great folks. Got a lot of them on film. Missed a lot too. Me and my buddies kept commenting on how we could have used another week to cover everything that was there and get everyone on camera that we wantd to. Just wanted to use this board here to thank anyone who was kind enough to talk to us and share their stories of how they got into vannin and what it all means to them. We got a TON of footage as we really didn't stop shooting from Day 1 till the end... and somewhere in there we managed to have a great time as well. We're extremely excited to get to work on this film and see it shape up in the editing. I really think that vannin' is something special... and in all honesty, something of the likes I've never seen before. I truly hope our film conveys even a shred of the brotherhood, family, fun, wild party, hard work, friendship, commraderie, and much more that vannin is. Stay tuned on this thread for updates as we get to work on it. It's going to take some time, but WE WILL make a film out of this... unlike others I've heard about. In fact, I'm not in any position to spend the time and effort that this took on our ends and do nothing with it. So with that said, bramble on and stay tuned!

-Andrew
Posted By: Wizard78 Re: Vannin' Documentary film - July 17th 2012 9:02 pm
I didn't get to make it this,But I'm sure looking forward to seeing this bow
Posted By: TheBrambler Re: Vannin' Documentary film - August 02nd 2012 12:57 am
Hey All. Had a lot of folks at the Nats ask me where they could find out about the film and all that good stuff. Here's a link to our facebook page we made. We'll be using it (and the forums here) to update people on all things "Vannin" film related. We will also have a website for the flick in the not too distant future... we already purchased the domain name and all that crap. Stay tuned and bramble on. See some of you this weekend at the Ace Of Spade picnic.

FB Page: http://www.facebook.com/vanninmovie

-Andrew
Posted By: Wizard78 Re: Vannin' Documentary film - August 02nd 2012 6:09 pm
cool I'll check it out
Posted By: on the road Re: Vannin' Documentary film - August 08th 2012 4:14 am
Well...we apparently have the crew hooked. Andrew and katie and Brent and Carmela came to Ace of Spades' picnic. We ate and drank and ate and laughed for hours. Seems like they intend on coming to Tazfest. And HyRollin. And November Numb. And MVL's Toys for Tots. Not to film necessarily, just to hang out and party. Oh, Yeah, Harley (the boom mic guy) is looking for an early...
Posted By: CatFish Re: Vannin' Documentary film - August 08th 2012 10:32 am
Sounds like they're infected... lol
Posted By: Wizard78 Re: Vannin' Documentary film - August 08th 2012 10:36 am
Very cool Howard
Posted By: TheBrambler Re: Vannin' Documentary film - August 08th 2012 2:10 pm
Thanks Howard! Not sure what events we'll be at as my schedule is in constant flux (oh the life of a freelancer)..., but we're going to try to make some of em! Toys for tots is a definite so far and most likely Hy-Rollin for a night as well! See yyou guys there and stay tuned...
Posted By: Suzie-BGfNY-IN Re: Vannin' Documentary film - August 08th 2012 7:52 pm
I know where there is a very nice 68 GMC Handi-VAN if he wants to check it out!

Posted By: TheBrambler Re: Vannin' Documentary film - August 10th 2012 6:27 pm
Originally Posted by Suzie-BGfNY-IN
I know where there is a very nice 68 GMC Handi-VAN if he wants to check it out!

Depends on how to close to West MI it is most likely... any pics? PM me?
Posted By: TheBrambler Re: Vannin' Documentary film - November 09th 2012 9:00 pm
Hey All! It's been a bit since i've posted on here. Just thought I'd give everyone that's interested in this project a bit of an update.

First off, if you're on facebook, come like us @ http://www.facebook.com/vanninmovie. We've been posting pics and updates there. We also have a rough website up @ www.vanninmovie.com. there will be a lot more on that site in the near future... for now facebook is your best bet.

We are finally gaining some good momentum on the project! We've been super slammed with our production company in Chicago... paying bills and doing the boring work, so we're happy to finally be devoting some more time into the editing. First thing we have in line for everyone is a trailer which should be available for viewing in the next week or two here... We think its a good representation of some of the stuff we got on film at the Nats this year. We can't wait to finally show all you guys something.

Next up, we are super stoked to have a few bands cooperating with us so far for music / soundtrack. We are partnering with the Oregon based heavy rock band Danava as well as Red Desert (a vanner's band!). We think the music we've got so far will be a great match. Heavy music for heavy machines! We're working getting some other tracks licensed as well...(what's a vannin film without Sammy John's?? hehe)

Lastly, we're even more stoked to be included in the next issue of Custom Vanner Magazine. From what I understand, Matchstick will be running an article that may answer a few qusetions (Q&A style) you guys might have about the film. So be on the lookout for that fine publication (Custom Vanner rules!).

All in all, we're excited to be gaining some momentum. The facebook page is 425+ "likes" strong. I just really wanted to say a big THANKS for your support and patience. Like Lil' Ed said at the Nats, "we will finish this film"... (for better or worse!). If anyone wants to contact us directly, just shoot us an email to "info@littlecabinfilms.com"

More to come... Stay tuned and Bramble On!

-Andrew
Posted By: Wizard78 Re: Vannin' Documentary film - November 09th 2012 10:20 pm
Very cool,I'm going to check it out
Posted By: al55 Re: Vannin' Documentary film - November 09th 2012 11:55 pm
cool van shift
Posted By: vanfun Re: Vannin' Documentary film - November 10th 2012 2:03 am
Very cool! Roll in to the Nats again next year Late and I will tell you guys where you can and cannot park again!rofl Great to meat you guys! Thanks for all the hard work!
Posted By: TheBrambler Re: Vannin' Documentary film - November 12th 2012 10:58 pm
Great to meet you Paul... and thanks for making random beer & smoke runs for us! Until next time...
Posted By: TheBrambler Re: Vannin' Documentary film - November 20th 2012 10:57 pm
Happy to report that the official trailer is up a ready for viewing... Enjoy!

follow this link: https://vimeo.com/53944958

or this one: http://www.facebook.com/vanninmovie

or this one: http://www.vanninmovie.com/

smile
Posted By: Lil_Ed Re: Vannin' Documentary film - November 20th 2012 11:00 pm
Wow good job guys, and thank you
Posted By: Virtual Re: Vannin' Documentary film - November 20th 2012 11:29 pm
The trailer is great. Thanks for following through with this project, where so many before you didn't. Look forward to seeing the finished product !

Also thanks to all the vanners who supported this and helped make it happen. As mentioned there have been a few failed attempts at doing a documentary so it would have been easy not to bother.
Posted By: Lee7673 Re: Vannin' Documentary film - November 20th 2012 11:36 pm
Awesome....Awesome.....Awesome!!!!!
Posted By: 67Econo Guy Re: Vannin' Documentary film - November 20th 2012 11:42 pm
great job,keep up the great work,others talked about doing this,you are the first to do it !!!!!
Posted By: on the road Re: Vannin' Documentary film - November 21st 2012 12:59 am
I had the pleasure (duty?) to meet these guys and see what they were all about last spring. We sat at a bar and drank beer for hours while Nick tried to keep up with the stories! I felt at the time, and told you guys, that they seemed OK. As we all know there have been several folks talking about doing a movie or a book and being overwhelmed by the task.

Now, 4 van events and a club meeting later, and miles of film and hours of conversations later, we have a trailer that looks great. We also have some new friends, and new vanners who we will see at future events, havin' fun and being vanners!

Thanks to the whole Little Cabin Films crew...see you on the road...
Posted By: DREAMER Re: Vannin' Documentary film - November 21st 2012 2:41 am
Wow,I LIKE it. Well said and done
Posted By: 67Econo Guy Re: Vannin' Documentary film - November 23rd 2012 9:46 pm
Howard, as always ,you did a great job representing us vanners,
Posted By: Suzie-BGfNY-IN Re: Vannin' Documentary film - November 30th 2012 4:18 pm
That about covers it!
Great job guys--I had no doubt tho!

Still have that blender waiting for ya too--
Midwest? Nats? Bluegrass?

You just name the place.....
hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee
Posted By: FinallyaVanner Re: Vannin' Documentary film - November 30th 2012 8:45 pm
Too CoooooooooooooooooooooooooooL!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait to get my van back and start Vannin'!! The trailer alone shows what a great time Vanners have. Nothing like leaving the real world for one to several fun days back in time. Now the rest without vans will see what they are missing.
Thanks to everyone that took the time to make this!!!!!!
Posted By: Bandvan Re: Vannin' Documentary film - November 30th 2012 11:39 pm
Looks great, cant wait to pick up a copy and see the whole thing when its done. I think this is going to be a great look into the culture we all love. Thanks for the hard work and keep it up.
Posted By: on the road Re: Vannin' Documentary film - December 04th 2012 2:18 am
Originally Posted by 67Econo Guy
Howard, as always ,you did a great job representing us vanners,

Aw, shucks...Thanks!
Posted By: beeper Re: Vannin' Documentary film - December 04th 2012 3:44 am
All I have got to say is this is going to b one baddass film. O and I seen my van in it thanks for all ur guys hard work keep it up
Posted By: vanmachineman Re: Vannin' Documentary film - December 04th 2012 2:56 pm
Very Excited Can't wait to see it all. Great Stuff
Posted By: Munz Re: Vannin' Documentary film - December 06th 2012 1:11 am
Very Cool!!
Posted By: Virtual Re: Vannin' Documentary film - December 10th 2012 1:50 pm
Got an email last week from Christoph in Germany who works for Der Spiegel, a huge media outlet. He wanted to use some pictures for an article he was writing on vanning. They all happened to be Superbeast's pictures so Ken hooked him up. The article is pretty much pumping up this documentary ! This kind of publicity is gold especially before the film is even released.
The article is in german but copy and paste it into Google translator and you'll figure it out.

http://www.spiegel.de/auto/fahrkultur/vannin-film-ueber-die-subkultur-der-van-fahrer-a-871197.html
Posted By: Wizard78 Re: Vannin' Documentary film - December 10th 2012 6:13 pm
Cool
Posted By: FinallyaVanner Re: Vannin' Documentary film - December 19th 2012 7:52 am
Too Cooooooool!!!! Read a few comments and even over there one had to bring up one of the names we would like to prove wrong. It was the same thing that was left on a comment on my van over on Department of Customz facebook. He left; "Nice to have another Rolling Rape Cabin". So someone said back "You can't rape the willing". Again great exposure. Maybe we will see more van related customizing stuff on the horizon!!!!
Posted By: on the road Re: Vannin' Documentary film - February 02nd 2013 2:59 pm
There is some news regarding the film...Andrew and Nick have been hard at work editing and constructing the documentary, and in the meantime, they did an interview on a website called cinemajaw. The first 18 minutes is filled with them talking about how they got interested in vanning, and about their experiences hanging out with us! Knowing these guys pretty well, it's pretty cool to hear the story from the beginning. The hosts are a little over the top dwelling on fishtanks and fireplaces, but our guys do a great job of explaining us! Check it out when you have 18 minutes to spare!

http://cinemajaw.com/wordpress/?p=810
Posted By: Bryce Re: Vannin' Documentary film - February 02nd 2013 8:25 pm
I gave it a listen, pretty good interview. Fireplaces and fish tanks are pretty weird if you think about it. But they didn't even bash that, I think they were more shocked than anything. These 2 film makers seem like great guys.
Posted By: MrHoney Re: Vannin' Documentary film - February 02nd 2013 10:56 pm
I dont see any interview ?
Posted By: HighwayStar Re: Vannin' Documentary film - February 03rd 2013 3:04 pm
Originally Posted by MrHoney
I dont see any interview ?

I thought it was just me ?
Posted By: Lee7673 Re: Vannin' Documentary film - February 03rd 2013 3:06 pm
Not just you....I tried several times yesterday and couldn't find it. I can't wait for the vannin documentary film....the preview is AWESOME!!!
Posted By: Bryce Re: Vannin' Documentary film - February 04th 2013 2:59 pm
It's only an audio clip (podcast) so the player is tiny. It's the little grey strip towards the bottom. Right above where it says "share the jaw". If it's not there on your computer it may be a technical problem with plugins or flash or some other doodad I don't understand.
Posted By: MrHoney Re: Vannin' Documentary film - February 04th 2013 3:47 pm
Originally Posted by Bryce
It's only an audio clip (podcast) so the player is tiny. It's the little grey strip towards the bottom. Right above where it says "share the jaw". If it's not there on your computer it may be a technical problem with plugins or flash or some other doodad I don't understand.

Oh I saw that link, if theres no pics then whats the point, I closed it as soon as I opened it when it started playing crappy music. lol
Posted By: Bryce Re: Vannin' Documentary film - February 17th 2013 7:05 pm
Ah, but the beauty of it being audio only is you can listen to it on one window, and open another and do something else at the same time. I hear there is pictures of pretty ladies on the internet, that's something you could look at while listening.
Posted By: on the road Re: Vannin' Documentary film - February 18th 2013 3:12 am
The guys came to a bar I was working at the first time I met them. We sat and drank beer for 4 hours. They came to Midwest's truck-in, the Nats, Ace of spades picnic, November Numb, and Toys for Tots. I've been to their house, and yes, they are great guys. We actually invited them to join our club...It's worth the 18 minutes to hear their observations about vanning...
Posted By: heavy389 Re: Vannin' Documentary film - February 18th 2013 5:21 pm
Just checked it out..Got Audio & video ! Great !

The Superdawg commercial was kool to!! Looks like he used his own van in it?
Posted By: 77Quadravan Re: Vannin' Documentary film - February 19th 2013 3:20 am
Pretty cool!
Posted By: TheBrambler Re: Vannin' Documentary film - March 13th 2013 3:59 pm
Hey there vanners! Wanted to check in here and give everyone an update on the film!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1672588014/vannin-a-documentary

We are VERY excited to announce the official launch of our Kickstarter fundraising campaign for "Vannin: A Documentary". Kickstarter is a well known and respected crowd sourced fundraising site... meaning, YOU are the one's to make the film a reality!

All of the funds we achieve through the kickstarter fundraiser will go directly towards the completion of the film. We need to hire a professional editor to give the film the time and effort we feel it deserves. We also need funding to submit the film to as many festivals as possible as well as produce DVD's so we can get this out to as many people as possible! To donate, all you need to do is sign up for kickstarter and have an account with amazon.com. Just follow the steps! If we reach our goal within 30 days, we'll be funded! If we don't reach our goal, we get nothing. It's an all or nothing situation.

We have some wonderful "rewards" lined up for each donation level available. We've got DVD pre-orders, t-shirts, beer koozys, digital downloads, custom skateboards (really cool illustration - VERY limited!), Custom Vanner Magazine Issue 6 (Spring 2013), Rolling Heavy Magazine Packages, and even a Pre-Registration for the 41st National Truck-In (if you were already going to pre-reg for the Nats, do it here!!)

So, with all that said, cruise on over to the kickstarter page (LINK BELOW) and check out our pitch video (containing new footage from the film!) and see what it's all about. I want to thank everyone on this page / site and all the vanners who believe in this project. We want to make it a reality SOON and the future of the film depends on the outcome of this fundraiser. Every dollar counts. Share it with your friends, family, and other vanners you know. Let me know if you have ANY questions. Email me at andrew@littlecabinfilms.com. Thanks a million and bramble on!

LINK: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1672588014/vannin-a-documentary

-Andrew
Posted By: heavy389 Re: Vannin' Documentary film - March 13th 2013 4:31 pm
Just finished helpin witt the cause !! match shared it on my FB And I did same! Good luck With the venture.....Keep It Alive !
Posted By: Virtual Re: Vannin' Documentary film - March 13th 2013 4:37 pm
Thanks for posting this here Andrew, it went viral (as viral can be in vanning) on Facebook. I posted something just before you here, but didn't want to steal your thunder. I hope to announce something soon to sweeten the pot for this fundraiser.
Posted By: TheBrambler Re: Vannin' Documentary film - March 13th 2013 6:37 pm
Thanks heavy389 and Virtual! We've already reached $1075!! over 10% of our goal on day one. Let's keep up the momentum!

On that same note, we're offering one extra FREE beer koozy to the first 50 supporters who spend $10 or more to show our appreciation to the early donors!
Posted By: Ford77 Re: Vannin' Documentary film - March 14th 2013 3:47 am
Did my part !!!!
Posted By: 77Quadravan Re: Vannin' Documentary film - March 14th 2013 6:41 am
Glad to help out! Something I'm truely excited about.
Posted By: TheBrambler Re: Vannin' Documentary film - March 14th 2013 10:40 pm
You guys are awesome! Thanks a TON! Can't express enough gratitude for the support.

So far so good! I'd say the fundraiser is going strong as we're coming in at about $2340 at the time of writing this post. However, maintaining our momentum is extrememly important. We're going to have a few more reward prizes to reveal in the coming weeks to stay tuned. Keep sharing it with whoever you see fit.

Also, the 41st Nats package is still available! It includes entry to the Nats for a van AND camper for the full week (PRE NATS!), the ultimate express fish fry (FOOD!), free Vanner's Night In (MORE FOOD!) as well as the Nats Board meet and greet (MORE FOOD & BEER!)

-Andrew
Posted By: on the road Re: Vannin' Documentary film - March 14th 2013 10:57 pm
Pretty cool to see that number going up on an hourly basis! The crew came to our meeting last week and explained everything before the launch. Midwest voted on the spot to kick in 200 bucks plus some other stuff that will be added to the prize list. It would be really cool to see other clubs step up and match our donation. We are doing it through the Kickstarter system, to help them reach the goal. I hope the goal gets doubled by the nd of the 30 days...Then the film goes to Sundance and Cannes!!! And so do all of us! OK, maybe not, but Andrew will buy us a beer!

And as a side note, these guys are serious about vanning as a hobby, too. They are coming to Midwest and the Nats-not to film, just to party!
Posted By: heavy389 Re: Vannin' Documentary film - March 16th 2013 2:40 pm
Almost 1/2 way their an 27 days togo yay Lets make this happin vanners!! cheers
Posted By: keystonekid1978 Re: Vannin' Documentary film - March 16th 2013 4:18 pm
I'll be contributing shortly, even if it's on a smaller level. I wanna see this film get made, so I can show it to my friends who just don't understand the concept of Vanning or truck-ins.
Posted By: greyhairedjoe Re: Vannin' Documentary film - March 16th 2013 4:48 pm
looking forward to seeing the film....just pledged ,good luck with the project.
Posted By: Richbeer Re: Vannin' Documentary film - March 24th 2013 1:15 pm
Performance Inc. is in with another $100 pledge. Let's see some other clubs step and get this done. We finally have some guys serious enough to finish what they started, so let's give them a hand.

Posted By: on the road Re: Vannin' Documentary film - March 24th 2013 2:02 pm
Midwest Vans Ltd is in with a 200 dollar pledge...
Posted By: TheBrambler Re: Vannin' Documentary film - March 26th 2013 4:59 pm
Hey all! Going really strong on the fundraiser! A HUGE THANKS to all those that have donated. We're currently just under 80% funded with a little over two weeks to go. We've still got a bit to go and any help to keep up the momentum is appreciated! The support has already been awesome... we're going to be announcing a few new packages in the near future as well (I think). Stay tuned!

-Andrew
Posted By: Star Dreamer Re: Vannin' Documentary film - March 27th 2013 5:13 am
Andrew, We just put a pledge in for $200. We hope you get all the money to do the film.

Dave
Posted By: Virtual Re: Vannin' Documentary film - March 27th 2013 4:07 pm
It's great to see the support for this project here. They need to reach the goal of $7000 to make this happen. Once that goal is met, then whatever money collected still goes to them and they will put it to very good use perfecting the finished product. I'm donating 10 2014 Showvans calendars to the cause. This project here motivated me to fall off the fence now about the 2014 calendars.
Posted By: TheBrambler Re: Vannin' Documentary film - March 27th 2013 4:10 pm
Thanks so much Dave!! That plus a few others put us at nearly 90% funded. WOW. All that and we still have 17 days to go...

In other news, we just put a few more rewards packages up on the kickstarter page. Virtual was kind enough to donate 10 Showvans 2014 calendars... we're pairing those with vintage dash plaques and a download of the film!

Also, Midwest Vans Ltd. has donated a 40th anniversary goodie package that includes some MVL gear

Lastly, MVL also donated a pre-registration to their 39th International Truck hapenning over memorial day weekend in Penfield, IL. We are including a DVD with that as well. So, if you were already planning on attending, this is a great way to get your pre-reg done! Thanks again!

-Andrew
Posted By: Kooba Re: Vannin' Documentary film - March 27th 2013 5:35 pm
Marilyn & I put in a $50. pledge. They were only about $800 shy this morning. Good luck guys.
Posted By: 67Econo Guy Re: Vannin' Documentary film - March 27th 2013 10:54 pm
Andrew, I will pledge 65.00 ,will need mailing address, dont do paypal,kinda old fashioned !!!!
Posted By: 67Econo Guy Re: Vannin' Documentary film - March 27th 2013 10:59 pm
Hi Dave, hope all is well, love that pic. with Stardreamer and the early. How is Dale making out with the early project ??Driving over to Ohio in July ??Great pledge for the vannin film..
Posted By: Star Dreamer Re: Vannin' Documentary film - March 28th 2013 12:03 am
Andrew, I will pledge 65.00 ,will need mailing address, dont do paypal,kinda old fashioned !!!!

Gary,
They are also taking credit cards through Amason, it seemed much easier than paypal.

They only have $675 left to go and 16 days. May not be enough time to mail them a check. Let us know and we can do the pledge for you (just need to know which package you want) and you can mail us a check.

Dave
Posted By: Star Dreamer Re: Vannin' Documentary film - March 28th 2013 12:08 am
Hi Dave, hope all is well, love that pic. with Stardreamer and the early. How is Dale making out with the early project ??Driving over to Ohio in July ??Great pledge for the vannin film..

Thanks Gary! We haven't had a chance to work on the early this winter, been busy working on a hauler bed for the semi and Dale has been busy buying a new shop to do restoration and van work out of which he just got about 2 weeks ago and has been busy getting equipment in it trying to open in May.

We plan to be at the Nationals with Star Dreamer, just need to see what Dale wants to do about the early. See you there!
Posted By: TheBrambler Re: Vannin' Documentary film - March 28th 2013 4:06 pm
Hey Gary (67Econo), it'd be best to go through amazon for us if possible. Everything sort of needs to filter through the kickstarter fundraiser so there's record of all of it, etc. It's actually a safer bet for you to go that route, cause that way we are held accountable for your donation reward. Hope that makes sense? Thanks for considering donating! We're totally blown away by how quicly we are approaching our goal. Feel free to ask me any questions, PM me, etc.!

-Andrew
Posted By: Star Dreamer Re: Vannin' Documentary film - March 28th 2013 7:47 pm
At last review they only had $210 to go, we are looking forward to going to the opening of the show in Chicago!

Dave
Posted By: 67Econo Guy Re: Vannin' Documentary film - March 28th 2013 8:21 pm
Hi Dave, if you dont mind doing that ,I would appreciate it, I am not up to speed with all this computer stuff,PM me your address and any additional charges to do this, thanks GARY
Posted By: heavy389 Re: Vannin' Documentary film - March 28th 2013 10:30 pm
$5 over the goal and 15 days togo!! Whoo hoo! yay van
Posted By: radicalran Re: Vannin' Documentary film - March 29th 2013 12:26 am
Awesome!
Posted By: on the road Re: Vannin' Documentary film - March 29th 2013 2:29 am
Nice work, everyone! The initial goal has been met, and in half the time allowed! NOW>>>we need to continue the momentum and keep the pledges coming! All the overage will be used for more production, and Andrew mentioned to me that they would get a better sound mix on the film if they could afford it, which, in turn will open up more film festivals for screenings, which, in turn, will open up more PR for us!
He mentioned to me that entry into the larger festivals like Sundance is often based not on content, but on quality and the sound and production are a huge factor.
My question to all of you is...Can we double their goal for them? They have lots of cool collectibles still available, and you get something for your money. It's not just a donation! Go check out the list of stuff on the site! everything from patches and stickers to truck-in pre entries to skateboards...
Posted By: TheBrambler Re: Vannin' Documentary film - March 29th 2013 1:42 pm
Hey everybody! Indeed we've reached our goal in just half the time! A MASSIVE THANKS to everyone for supporting the fundraiser for the film and helping us get there. You guys are awesome! But, like Howard said, it's not over yet! We can accept donations and will honor pledge awards until the official end of our Kickstarter on April 12th.

Any additional money raised via the fundraiser will continue to go towards the completion of the film. Our main secondary goal is to have some post-production sound mixing done for the film to make it sound as professional as possible. We would also take any additional funds and pay someone to do something known as "color correction" which basically makes what already looks good, look better. All in all, we'll be using the funds to better the film. Again, a huge thank you. There's still a TON of work to be done, but we're excited to be moving foward in the editing and completion of the film. Also, am I the only one that finds it interesting that we're currently 102% funded smile As usual, let me know if you've got any questions and I'll do my best to answer.

-Andrew
Posted By: on the road Re: Vannin' Documentary film - April 10th 2013 1:36 am
3 days to go on the kickstarter fundraiser! It would be cool if we could hit 9100. That would be 130% of the goal! There are still a bunch of cool collectibles available, and a pre reg to Midwest!
Posted By: TheBrambler Re: Vannin' Documentary film - April 13th 2013 4:50 pm
Hey everyone. Just wanted to give you all an update on the fundraiser. As of 12:00am, April 13th, our kickstarter fundraiser was FULLY FUNDED! We actually managed to come in at 140% of our original goal with a grand total of $9,832. These extra funds will go a long way in helping to further improve the final film by hiring an audio professional as well as someone to do what's known as "motion graphics". We're beyond grateful to the vanning community as it was many of YOU that made this fundraising effort succesful. So, THANK YOU for your support.

Our editor will begin working on the film as early as next week. We will be sure to keep you all updated on it's progress. Also, for those of you who donated on the kickstarter page, we will be sending out survey's in about a week to get shipping addresses, t-shirt sizes, etc. It's going to take a bit of time for us to order all of the merchandise on our end as well. So please be patient! We will do our best to get you your goodies as soon as possible! In the meantime, we're going to be working hard to try to make this the best film we can! Thanks again and keep your eye on this forum as I'll continue to post updates here. VAN ON!

-Andrew
Posted By: TheBrambler Re: Vannin' Documentary film - June 02nd 2013 5:35 pm
Hello there vanners!

We are currently looking for vintage photographs from the vanning hey-day back in the 1970s! If you have any scanned or in digital form that you'd like to let us take a look at for possible use in the film, let us know! Mainly, were looking for photographs that YOU took and that we could have permission to use so copyright isn't an issue. We're looking for event photos from the 70s that show the scale of how big the events used to be... so crowd shots, showfield shots, etc etc. Any info on this stuff would be greatly appreciated. Let us know and feel free to email me directly at andrew@littlecabinfilms.com if you can help! Thanks!

-Andrew
Posted By: TheBrambler Re: Vannin' Documentary film - June 04th 2013 2:27 pm
Does anyone have any high quality scans of the 1st Nats at Tiger Run?
Posted By: on the road Re: Vannin' Documentary film - June 27th 2013 3:32 am
The big news is that the guys are screening the movie at a beer fest in Austin, Texas on July 9, and then we get to see it on Thursday night at the Nats! I plan on screening it during a band break on Thursday, and again during a break on Saturday! For once, a group has told us what they were wanting to do and DID IT!
Posted By: Wizard78 Re: Vannin' Documentary film - June 27th 2013 3:41 am
Very cool can't wait to see it
Posted By: Lee7673 Re: Vannin' Documentary film - June 27th 2013 4:26 am
Very cool!!!!
Posted By: Jolly_Green Re: Vannin' Documentary film - June 27th 2013 11:12 am
Great news! Can't wait to see it.
Posted By: apo234 Re: Vannin' Documentary film - June 27th 2013 1:58 pm
Sounds Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: TheBrambler Re: Vannin' Documentary film - June 27th 2013 5:30 pm
Here's the details for the event in Austin. Technically speaking, it's a sneak peak (both in Austin & at the Nats)... we'll be showing about half of the film. Follow the link below for details and to RSVP

http://funfunfunfest.com/vannin?utm...ware&utm_term=FREE%20-%20RSVP%20only
Posted By: diamond dan Re: Vannin' Documentary film - July 22nd 2013 12:35 am
Great to see all you guys in Austin, The kick off was a total sucess, thanks to Shiner Beer and Little Cabin films.
There was more done for vannin in Texas, in a 4 hour gig, than I have been able to do in years of knockin on van doors, trying to get folks excited about Truckin.
Austin pulled in about 12 new and young vanners to the event, and they have some damn nice rides too! They have more friends they are tellin also.

Thank God for the new vanners( I was a teenager all over again that night)

Keep on truckin!!

Diamond Dan
Posted By: Suzie-BGfNY-IN Re: Vannin' Documentary film - July 22nd 2013 12:53 am
It was great!!! We loved watching it and seeing all our
movie star friends!
Thanks for all the hard work guys...we DO appreciate it!
Posted By: Wizard78 Re: Vannin' Documentary film - July 22nd 2013 9:52 am
Enjoyed it
Posted By: Gloworm_Dee_Jaye Re: Vannin' Documentary film - August 23rd 2013 11:15 pm
Can't believe that got me on the kroozin kooler - LOL
Posted By: TheBrambler Re: Vannin' Documentary film - August 26th 2013 9:44 pm
Well, two years since I started this thread and we're finally nearing the finish line. As a quick update we are currently at a run-time of just under 60 minutes and it's shaping up nicely. We're doing about one more round of editing chages to polish it up, then it's off to a sound guy to make it all audible and sound the best it can, then we make it look the best it can, then it's off to film festivals (the one's that accept us that is!).

We'll be hosting a Chicago premier within the next few months (most likely Noevmber)... Thanks for all the support and input on this vanners. It's thanks to you guys and gals who put yourselves on camera and welcomed us (and not to mention all of you who donated to kickstarter!) that we were able to make this film. Stay tuned!
Posted By: 67Econo Guy Re: Vannin' Documentary film - August 26th 2013 10:24 pm
Hi Andrew, the sneak peak at the nats was great,my shirt and stuff came last week, Ill stay tuned for the final product, GREAT JOB !!!!!
Posted By: newkirkinc1 Re: Vannin' Documentary film - August 27th 2013 12:23 am
Can't wait for the finished movie!
Posted By: Star Dreamer Re: Vannin' Documentary film - August 27th 2013 2:34 am
Andrew,

Well it figures, I was just talking with Virtual today discussing the film and told him I was hoping the Chicago premier would not be in November as my work has me going to China for a couple of weeks that month. Then I see you post that it might be in November! Oh well guess we might have to raffle off our premiere tickets when we get them if we are in China at that time.

Good luck with the rest of the editing and sound, can't wait to see the final product.

Dave
Posted By: TheBrambler Re: Vannin' Documentary film - August 27th 2013 10:50 pm
Hey Dave,

oh no! We thought if we planned 3 months ahead, folks who purchased the VIP screening tickets would have a chance to plan... but it sounds like your work schedule is set in stone. We will work something out with you.. maybe we can provide you with some extra goodies (?). Feel free to email me to discuss at andrew@littlecabinfilms.com We definitely appreciate the donation and don't want you to be up a creek without a paddle!
Posted By: Suzie-BGfNY-IN Re: Vannin' Documentary film - August 28th 2013 12:10 am
Hey Dave...those tickets up for trade?
Huggs to you and the bride!
Posted By: Star Dreamer Re: Vannin' Documentary film - August 28th 2013 4:41 am
Originally Posted by Suzie-BGfNY-IN
Hey Dave...those tickets up for trade?
Huggs to you and the bride!

We need a new roof for our 65 Chevy, you wouldn't happen to have a nice straight one with no dents laying around to trade? LOL
Posted By: TheBrambler Re: Vannin' Documentary film - September 23rd 2013 1:54 pm
Alright, the date for the Chicago premier / screening has been decided upon. We will be screening the full film on November 16th, 2013 at the Patio Theater in Chicago, IL! If you're on facebook, follow the link below to RSVP to the event!

https://www.facebook.com/events/1406983019530381/
Posted By: Suzie-BGfNY-IN Re: Vannin' Documentary film - September 23rd 2013 8:47 pm
Dave..we have a 68 Handi-VAN...best I can do for ya!
hee hee Thanks, friend!
Posted By: Taz Van 67 Re: Vannin' Documentary film - September 27th 2013 11:06 am
Originally Posted by TheBrambler
Alright, the date for the Chicago premier / screening has been decided upon. We will be screening the full film on November 16th, 2013 at the Patio Theater in Chicago, IL! If you're on facebook, follow the link below to RSVP to the event!

https://www.facebook.com/events/1406983019530381/

What about the ones of us that aren’t on Facebook. Is there a link? Went the Patio Theater but it's not listed.
Posted By: TheBrambler Re: Vannin' Documentary film - September 27th 2013 12:47 pm
Here's a link to the group we are partnering with for the screening... they may relese info soon on the site (don't think there's much on there now
http://chicagocinemasociety.org

But the basic details are:

"Vannin'" Special Sneak Preview!
November 16th, 2013 @ The Patio Theater
6008 W Irving Park Rd, Chicago, IL 60634
Door at 6:30pm - show starts at 7:00pm
$5 at the door (RSVP not required)

We are still squaring away a few details, but there will most likely be a Q&A after the screening and a second movie playing after all that. We are also working to have some free beer for everyone. We will also be selling some of our leftover merch and will most likely have posters available of the artwork we had comissioned. I'll add details here as they become available.
Posted By: Taz Van 67 Re: Vannin' Documentary film - September 27th 2013 3:01 pm
Thanx!!
Posted By: TheBrambler Re: Vannin' Documentary film - October 15th 2013 10:04 pm
Few more details about the preview screening:

*The Preview will be the FULL FILM (60 minutes)
*There will be free beer thanks to Shiner Beer (free with ticket purchase, while supplies last, valid ID required)
*We will be doing a Q&A freaturing myself, the other director Nick, Howard Furtak, and Matchstick
*We will have posters, shirts, koozys, stickers, and patches for sale at a merch table.

We are trying to figure out the parking situation for anyone who wants to bring their van and and details on that will come with another post. If anyone has any questions, ask away!

Posted By: TheBrambler Re: Vannin' Documentary film - November 12th 2013 10:52 pm
Originally Posted by Star Dreamer
Andrew,

Well it figures, I was just talking with Virtual today discussing the film and told him I was hoping the Chicago premier would not be in November as my work has me going to China for a couple of weeks that month. Then I see you post that it might be in November! Oh well guess we might have to raffle off our premiere tickets when we get them if we are in China at that time.

Good luck with the rest of the editing and sound, can't wait to see the final product.

Dave

Did this ever get figured out? The screening is quickly approaching and I need names to put on a list… Dave, if you are still keeping the tickets, etc. we've got a couple of goodies for you. The deal includes some signed posters (2 for each VIP package) and 2 patches. Let me know… if you sold them, I need to get that extra stuff to whoever you sold em to.
Posted By: TheBrambler Re: Vannin' Documentary film - November 14th 2013 3:12 pm
Here's a slew of link to recent press on the film for interested parties:

Interview 1: http://chicagoist.com/2013/11/13/interview_go_vannin_at_the_patio_th.php

Interview 2: http://www.dnainfo.com/chicago/2013...ry-offers-sneak-preview-at-patio-theater

Film Review: http://dailygrindhouse.com/thewire/screenings-chicago-vannin-2013/
Posted By: Star Dreamer Re: Vannin' Documentary film - November 16th 2013 12:05 pm
Originally Posted by Star Dreamer
Andrew,

Dave

Did this ever get figured out? The screening is quickly approaching and I need names to put on a list… Dave, if you are still keeping the tickets, etc. we've got a couple of goodies for you. The deal includes some signed posters (2 for each VIP package) and 2 patches. Let me know… if you sold them, I need to get that extra stuff to whoever you sold em to.

Sorry about the delay in responding, we had poor internet connection here in china. I did not sell the tickets, my son said he might try to go but probably won't. I will see if I can find out for sure. Instead of going to the premier we get to go see the great wall.
Dave
Posted By: TheBrambler Re: Vannin' Documentary film - November 16th 2013 4:13 pm
Hey Dave! Thanks for getting back to me. We've got a few more goodies for ya. I'll send you a message and we'll get em' shipped out in the near future here. Sorry you couldn't make it. Take care and safe travels!

-Andrew [email][/email]
Posted By: Deb Re: Vannin' Documentary film - December 07th 2013 7:16 pm
Is this Documentary up for sale yet?
Posted By: Deb Re: Vannin' Documentary film - December 12th 2013 11:01 pm
Thanks for answering my question Andrew. Can't wait to see the whole movie hopefully in the Spring.
Posted By: TheBrambler Re: Vannin' Documentary film - February 14th 2014 6:45 pm
Hi All. Just wanted to let folks know that our online store for the documentary is now up and running! We have t-shirts (black and red), koozies, posters, and patches ready to sell. I know some of you have been asking, so now's your chance to place an order. Just follow the link!

http://littlecabinfilms.bigcartel.com
Posted By: double Re: Vannin' Documentary film - February 14th 2014 7:45 pm
great going there now to look
Posted By: TheBrambler Re: Vannin' Documentary film - February 14th 2014 8:02 pm
Hey Double - looks like you hail from Canada… just a quick note - we're working on calculating shipping for outside the USA… I'll let you know when we've got it ready to go. Sorry about the delay...
Posted By: jules73 Re: Vannin' Documentary film - February 14th 2014 8:26 pm
If you could also let me know about shipping to uk as well. Cheers
Posted By: TheBrambler Re: Vannin' Documentary film - February 14th 2014 8:27 pm
Hey guys, just added international shipping options. Did our best with calculations!
Posted By: jules73 Re: Vannin' Documentary film - February 14th 2014 8:28 pm
If you could also let me know about shipping to uk as well. Cheers
Posted By: newkirkinc1 Re: Vannin' Documentary film - February 14th 2014 8:47 pm
What about the movie?
Posted By: TheBrambler Re: Vannin' Documentary film - February 14th 2014 9:14 pm
Hey Newkirkinc - The DVD's of the film are going to be a little while. Basically, we have to wait to see what happens with film fests first before we release it to the public… once we are done with fests, we will have it available.
Posted By: Tequila Re: Vannin' Documentary film - February 14th 2014 9:16 pm
Yea, Jim, that's just what I was thinking as I was reading this thread for the last 10 minutes. Where and when can we buy a copy of the movie?? Or, after it's theatrical release, when's it coming out on DVD? LOL

I haven't yet talked to any of my pals who attended the C. of C., and who probably attended the premiere, but the movie looks like a great job guys, can't wait to see it!
Posted By: Tequila Re: Vannin' Documentary film - February 14th 2014 9:17 pm
OK, Brambler, that just answered my question. Thanks!!
Posted By: newkirkinc1 Re: Vannin' Documentary film - February 14th 2014 10:44 pm
That's cool let us know!
Posted By: Wizard78 Re: Vannin' Documentary film - February 15th 2014 2:48 pm
Can't wait
Posted By: TheBrambler Re: Vannin' Documentary film - March 11th 2014 6:42 pm
Hey All - just wanted to let folks know that we will be screenning the film at Vanfest this coming June in Ontario, Canada! I'm sure a lot of you already know about the event, but here's the link to the flyer. Hope those of you in the area can make it! We have more screening anouncements on the way. Stay tuned!

https://www.vanning.com/vanfest/
Posted By: Deb Re: Vannin' Documentary film - March 11th 2014 7:57 pm
Alright! That is good news - there are quite a few Canadian Vanners that cannot cross the border, so they'll be in for a treat! I myself am looking forward to seeing the whole version.
Posted By: jules73 Re: Vannin' Documentary film - March 11th 2014 9:34 pm
Can't wait to see the full version in the future.
Posted By: BaconGrease07 Re: Vannin' Documentary film - March 11th 2014 10:43 pm
Hey Newkirkinc - The DVD's of the film are going to be a little while. Basically, we have to wait to see what happens with film fests first before we release it to the public… once we are done with fests, we will have it available.

Definitely keep us updated. I'd like to buy a copy, but I'm unlikely to check this thread for updates.
Posted By: newkirkinc1 Re: Vannin' Documentary film - March 12th 2014 12:24 am
I'll be waiting for it!
Posted By: vanfun Re: Vannin' Documentary film - March 12th 2014 1:00 am
Awesome we are planning to attend vanfest! Gotta get our passports in order!
Posted By: TheBrambler Re: Vannin' Documentary film - March 13th 2014 7:24 pm
We have another screening to announce! We are extremely excited to have our World Premier of the film at the Calgary Underground Film Festival on Friday, April 11th at 7:30pm! Hope some of you vanner's in the area can make it out. Check the link below for more info and where to buy tickets, etc.

https://www.calgaryundergroundfilm.org/2014/vannin
Posted By: TheBrambler Re: Vannin' Documentary film - March 14th 2014 5:28 pm
The film will also be playing at Midwest Vans Ltd's 40th Internation Truck-In (May 23-26) as well as Bluegrass Van Jam (April 25-27)
Posted By: Gloworm_Dee_Jaye Re: Vannin' Documentary film - March 14th 2014 6:03 pm
Hear it's gonna be at Van Jam too
Posted By: TheBrambler Re: Vannin' Documentary film - April 24th 2014 9:38 pm
Another update: The film will be playing at Spring Fever 37 put on by Vantasia Vans of Kansas. May 16th - 18th, 2014! Head over to http://www.vantasiavans.com for more info!
Posted By: TheBrambler Re: Vannin' Documentary film - May 09th 2014 2:09 pm
Two more screenings have been made official:

- For those on the west coast Vannin' will be playing the SF DocFest (San Francisco) on June 8th @ 2:30pm and June 12th @ 7:00pm. http://sfindie.com/2014/05/13th-sf-docfest-schedule-announced/

- We are also having a great event in Chicago at The Empty Bottle on June 8th. It's a van show / bbq / movie screening / rock show. Starting at 5:00pm, we will have a small van show and bbq outside the venue then move inside around 8:00pm to watch the film and see two bands from the soundtrack play: Heavy Times and the the super heavy riffin' Red Desert! An event not to miss!
http://emptybottle.com/show/4896785

-Lastly we will also be playing the film at The Midwest International Truck-In over memorial day weekend.

Hope some of you can make it out to these events! We are also working hard to finish up DVDs and will have an update on that soon for all of you who pre-ordered… they're coming!
Posted By: TheBrambler Re: Vannin' Documentary film - June 03rd 2014 1:29 pm
It's with pleasure that I can finally tell everyone we have sent our master DVD of the film off to the disc manufacturers to have DVDs of "Vannin'" mass produced. This means that all of our kickstarter backers will see their copy of the film in the near future and we will also have them on sale.

Once our Kickstarter backers have recieved there copies, we plan to have them on sale at this year Nats in NY. Come find us on vendors row! We are also tentatively scheduled to screen the film at th Nats as well. Hope to see you guys there.
Posted By: HomeBrew Re: Vannin' Documentary film - June 04th 2014 7:14 pm
STOKED! Cant wait!
Posted By: HomeBrew Re: Vannin' Documentary film - June 04th 2014 7:14 pm
STOKED! Cant wait!
Posted By: Bandvan Re: Vannin' Documentary film - June 06th 2014 12:26 am
Nice good to know we'll get to see it at nats, was hoping the east was gonna get a screening.
Posted By: TheBrambler Re: Vannin' Documentary film - July 03rd 2014 5:54 pm
Another quick update for the folks that follow this thread:

DVD's will be officially available to the public on August 7th, 2014. We will be posting a link to our online store where they can be purchased on that date.

Until then, the only place you'll be able to purchase a DVD will be at the 42nd National-Truck-In in a few weeks in NY. We'll be sharing a booth with Custom Vanner Magazine. DVDs are only $15 and we will also have shirts, posters, patches, koozies, etc. Looking forward to seeing all of you who are Nats bound in a few weeks. Come find us and say "hi"

-Andrew

Posted By: newkirkinc1 Re: Vannin' Documentary film - July 04th 2014 12:12 am
I'll order mine on the 7th then.
Posted By: jules73 Re: Vannin' Documentary film - July 05th 2014 10:14 pm
Ill order mine then as well,will you offer international shipping?
Posted By: lukester Re: Vannin' Documentary film - July 06th 2014 1:13 am
Sounds great.
Posted By: TheBrambler Re: Vannin' Documentary film - July 07th 2014 6:04 pm
We will indeed offer international shipping, but our DVDs are Region 1 encoded for NTSC.

Also, we will be holding another screening in Muskegon, MI at Unruly Brewing in the downtown area. Any West Michigan vanners on here that I can link up with? We're trying to hold a van show in the parking lot.

Does anyone know any of the vanners from "There Goies The Neighborhood VC"? i tihnk they are out of Coopersville, MI.

-Andrew
Posted By: lostinthe70eees Re: Vannin' Documentary film - July 19th 2014 1:53 pm
Man I can't wait to get my dvd too!
Posted By: TheBrambler Re: Vannin' Documentary film - August 07th 2014 5:15 pm
DVDs are now available via our online store! Follow the link!

http://littlecabinfilms.bigcartel.com
Posted By: TheBrambler Re: Vannin' Documentary film - December 03rd 2014 7:12 pm
Hey folks - we're running a sale on the DVD of the film until the end of the week (December 5th). Get $5 off a purchase of the DVD. Head to our webstore: https://littlecabinfilms.bigcartel.com and enter the promo code: littlecabin for the discount. Thanks for all the support you guys have already shown us. Can't wait for Altamont, IL in July!
Posted By: 67Econo Guy Re: Vannin' Documentary film - December 03rd 2014 11:39 pm
got mine ,great job, showed some buddies and they said WOW !!!!car guys dont do this, I said WOW !!!! I know that ,,,,,
Posted By: newkirkinc1 Re: Vannin' Documentary film - December 04th 2014 1:06 am
Bought mine 4 months ago , have yet to watch it!
Posted By: Wizard78 Re: Vannin' Documentary film - December 04th 2014 10:33 am
I've watched mine a bunch of times
Posted By: cwc Re: Vannin' Documentary film - December 04th 2014 3:01 pm
Just ordered mine.

Didn't know such a thing existed! Cool!
Posted By: Suzie-BGfNY-IN Re: Vannin' Documentary film - December 04th 2014 3:23 pm
Have ours and we got a Christmas gift...for $10 bucks you can't go wrong..shipping is only 3 and where are you going to find a gift like this great one for $13!!!!

I have seen it so many times, I haven't even watched our own copy yet! Waiting for a snow day I suppose!!!

Posted By: DrBob Re: Vannin' Documentary film - December 04th 2014 4:51 pm
Ordered Mine.
Posted By: DrBob Re: Vannin' Documentary film - December 12th 2014 4:46 pm
Got mine today & watched when I got home.(I get my mail at the PO.)Loved it.
Posted By: Deb Re: Vannin' Documentary film - December 15th 2014 1:44 am
Got mine a month ago and just love it! Great job guys getting our culture down! Of course to me it could've been hours long.

Posted By: newkirkinc1 Re: Vannin' Documentary film - December 15th 2014 12:06 pm
Got ours a way back , still haven't watched it. Maybe soon lol
Posted By: cwb440 Re: Vannin' Documentary film - January 03rd 2015 2:42 pm
Got it for Christmas. Great vid! Watched it once with my son and once with my Dad.
Posted By: TheBrambler Re: Vannin' Documentary film - January 15th 2015 12:56 am
Glad you guys are diggin' the film! Just wanted to let anybody in the Beloit, Wisconsin area know that Feb 20th, and 21st the film will be screening at the Beloit International Film Festival.

You can get more information on show times here: http://beloitfilmfest.org/portfolio-item/vannin/

Can't thank everyone enough for all the support and encouragement. Made it all worth it. Hopefully see a lot of you in Altamont this July… counting down the days
Posted By: cwb440 Re: Vannin' Documentary film - January 15th 2015 1:02 am
Small world..Wife is from South Beloit and her sister is still in Beloit. Might give me a reason to go visit. Haha
Glad you guys are diggin' the film! Just wanted to let anybody in the Beloit, Wisconsin area know that Feb 20th, and 21st the film will be screening at the Beloit International Film Festival.

You can get more information on show times here: http://beloitfilmfest.org/portfolio-item/vannin/

Can't thank everyone enough for all the support and encouragement. Made it all worth it. Hopefully see a lot of you in Altamont this July… counting down the days
Posted By: TheBrambler Re: Vannin' Documentary film - March 30th 2015 4:14 pm
On May 30th in Detroit, MI "Vannin'" will be screening at the AutoMoto film festival at 6:30pm!

Detroit vanners - if you're close and available, we'll be looking for some custom vans to come out. Hope to see some folks there. We're excited to be a part of this one! See link for details:

http://www.amfilmfest.com/vannin/
Posted By: TheBrambler Re: Vannin' Documentary film - June 15th 2015 10:00 pm
If any of you guys have a Amazon Prime subscription, you can now stream "Vannin'" for free! You can also rent or buy the film via Amazon as well. Leave a review or a rating if you feel so inclined, as it helps the visibility for the film on the Amazon streaming service a lot!

http://www.amazon.com/Vannin-Terry-...434405557&sr=8-1&keywords=vannin
Posted By: newkirkinc1 Re: Vannin' Documentary film - June 25th 2015 11:37 pm
Stll haven't watched the one I bought lol
Posted By: newkirkinc1 Re: Vannin' Documentary film - June 27th 2015 10:38 pm
Finally watched it.
© Vannin' Community and Forums